So I was pretty excited when a friend of mine told me about an awesome new travel hack (I guess you could call it), where a company is actually offering to pay your baggage fees! Plus, you get a free set of luggage (valued at $USD299) for joining!!!
What’s the catch? You just have to be prepared to travel with some great big ads on your baggage… but at least they will be easy to spot on the carousel!
So how does it all work? Participants get two hard cases, featuring one of 12 designs (that they choose from). Each person will get one carry-on bag and a larger one for checked baggage, which come wrapped in a company’s branding. German says they already have a number of campaigns ready to go like the Rio Olympics and the Breast Cancer Society.
And in return for you showing off these advertisements, Orion will cover all round-trip baggage fees by providing you with a $50 gift card that can be recharged. In addition, the program gives you access to airport lounges and an on-site tour guide. It also equips your bag with a GPS and luggage-tampering alert system so you’ll know if someone has broken into your bag. The company will even stock your new suitcases with free goodies like bath oils and car wax. Score!
So how do you join up? Well, quite simply, and it costs nothing! But just make sure you are one of the first 1 Million to do so and you’ll get:
- *A lifetime membership into the Orion Global Enterprise.
- *One set of two piece, high gloss, all plastic, four wheel trolley luggage in sizes of 21 inch carry on and a 25 inch expandable to 28 inch when you want to pack more souvenirs from your trips.
- *A round trip baggage fee of $50.00 loaded onto an Orion Gift Card which can only be used at the airlines ticket counter when you check you luggage. When you’re ready to travel again, email the Company and they will reload it for you. If a family of five are going on a trip, you save $250.00. Yes, the entire family can sign up. Even Grandma and Grandpa!
Plus, as a Member you’ll get an Orion Travel Membership Card which entitles you to:
- *Up to 5 Round Trip Baggage Fees Paid For!
- *4 more free skins per year
- *Travel Awards discounts to premium 4 stars hotels
- *Entry to Airline Club Lounges
- *50% discount off of Hertz, Avis, Dollar, and more
- *Save on attractions and amusement parks
- *Save on domestic and international dining
- *Save on upgrades with Orion Luggage Technologies
- *Save up to 40% on travel insurance if interrupted via medical or other unseen circumstances other than mother nature
- *Save up to 50% on Death Benefit Insurance if you die during your vacation
Now, given we are travelling with carry on only, unfortunately this isn’t something that would work for us, but otherwise I think it’s awesome. And for non-US residents, thus far I’ve found nothing suggesting we can’t take part…
So why not check it out – it certainly can’t hurt!!!
And let me know your thoughts. Would you travel with advertising on your luggage?